With it being a long weekend for Easter here in the UK (happy Easter all my viewers, BTW!), I thought I would get some serious work done and catch up on the last couple of months where I’ve done next to nothing. Hmm. Not so much, as it turns out. But I did get a few hours work done today, mostly cleaning the build area ready for another junk and offcut collection, and for the next phase of skinning the shell.
One thing I did do today was work on the yoke system. If you’ll recall, my existing system used a pair of sliders to which are attached pillow block bearings to allow the yoke shaft to rotate freely, with the sliders being mounted on drawer runners to allow for back and forth movement. This system works well enough but after due consideration I decided that side-mounting the runners, and the general construction of the sliders using waste wood, was not good enough, and so I set about replacing them.