The weekend so far has been one of bits and pieces. I’m not 100% finished yet, but I’m taking a break so I thought I’d post this. I’ve gotten a couple of important pieces of work done, and plan to get a couple more done before the end of play today.
First up is the overhead shrouding. The front section beyond the vestibule needs some kind of covering, to keep the light out. I’m not doing any form of eyebrow windows a la Boeing, so all I needed was a simple cover. But the angles involved make that far from simple, and while I could probably sit down with a 3D CAD program and / or my vague memories of 3D trigonometry and work out the exact sizes of plywood or MDF to cut, I decided to go for a slightly simpler solution. Cloth. Read More